The Maryborough Highland Gathering holds a long and proud history, with gold rush origins that date back over 150 years. Originally formed by Scottish prospectors and businessmen who wanted to organise an event to recreate their traditional New Year Highland Celebrations in their adopted land.
This iconic event, remains Australia's oldest continuous sporting event.
- Street march at 11am
- Highland Pipe Bands and Brass Bands on display
- Max Martin Memorial 120 metre Maryborough Gift
- Sheaf Tossing
- Highland Dancing
- Athletics: Men & Women Track Events (local and interstate competitors)
- Bookmakers: athletics and racing
- Massed Highland Dancers
- Girl on the Drum Spectacular
- Massed Highland Bands
- Highland Games and Caber Tossing
- Sideshows and Novelties
- Strongman event
- Event concert and Fireworks