TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. The Bendigo Regional Tourism website is operated on behalf of the City of Greater Bendigo (City), Loddon Shire Council, Mount Alexander Shire Council and Central Goldfields Shire Council.
2. Travel arrangements and prices for the Castlemaine, Maldon and Surrounds destinations as detailed on www.bendigoregion.com are coordinated by the Mount Alexander Shire Council on behalf of the suppliers.
3. This document sets out the Terms and Conditions (Terms) on which you may use, download from, or link to the Bendigo Regional Tourism website and utilise the content made available to you on this website.
4. These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and the Mount Alexander Shire Council (including the Castlemaine Visitor Information Centre and Maldon Visitor Information Centre). By accessing or using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms. Please read them carefully.
5. If any of these Terms are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining Terms will continue in full force.
6. We may revise these Terms from time to time.
7. Please contact us via email email@example.com or phone 03 5434 6001 if you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms.
8. The material on this website is general in nature and is purely published for reference purposes alone. You should seek independent expert advice if you have any concerns regarding what services, products or solutions may be suitable for you. You must exercise your own judgment and carefully evaluate the material on this website.
9. All website content is provided 'as is' without the benefit of any warranties as to title, satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or non-infringement which are all expressly disclaimed to the extent permissible by law.
10. The Mount Alexander Shire is not liable for any injury or death, or any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or other categories of damages, losses (including loss of business opportunity, revenue or profit) or damage to goodwill arising out of content on this website.
11. The Mount Alexander Shire does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any material contained on this website.
Risks you assume by accessing this website
12. By accessing this website, you will assume all risks associated with the use of this website and acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any corruption, virus or failed transmission relating to your computer, software or data downloaded or activated via this or an external website and/or its contents.
13. You acknowledge that access to this website may not be continuous or uninterrupted at all times, and may be interfered with by factors or circumstances outside of our control.
14. Any links we provide to other internet sites are solely for your convenience and do not constitute ownership or an endorsement by Mount Alexander Shire Council of the organisation, products or services.
15. We take reasonable care in linking this website to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in or security of those websites or the availability of those websites. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or content of any material contained on any of these linked internet sites. Users of links provided by this website are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the website they visit as well as any content, privacy practices or other policies.
16. Prices, details and services shown on any linked websites are subject to change without notice, and the Mount Alexander Shire Council accepts no responsibility for any such changes. Prior to making bookings, you should check the availability and price of accommodation and services, the details of the facilities and/or services, and any applicable terms and conditions.
17. Any views and recommendations of third parties included on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of the Mount Alexander Shire Council or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action.
18. This website contains trade marks and names of businesses. The use of those trade marks and names is with the permission of the owners.
19. We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
Personal information and privacy
20. In order to use parts of this website, we may require you to provide us with personal information, such as your name, address and email address and phone number. If you do not provide us with this information, you may not be able to book services online or request additional information about out services using our online enquiries form.
Validity of rates
22. Figures and/or prices stated on this site are generally prices for tourist services, such as accommodation, day tours or attraction entrance fees. All figures quoted are in Australian dollars, unless otherwise stated, and include a Goods and Services Tax (GST). Prior to making bookings, you should check the availability and price of accommodation and services with the operator, and any applicable terms and conditions.
23. Payment is due within 24 hours of receiving email or phone confirmation from The Castlemaine or Maldon Visitor Information Centres.
24. For last minute bookings, payment is due at time of booking.
25. For Gold Medal Operators, payment is due at time of booking.
26. Whilst we provide a complimentary booking service, if you cancel your confirmed booking (i.e where payment has been made) it will attract an administration fee of $27.50 in addition to any cancellation fee charged by the service provider. We encourage you to view the provider’s cancellation and indemnity policy before making your booking.
27. The Castlemaine and Maldon Visitor Information Centres reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time for any reason, including without limitation, if you book at an incorrect or out-dated price, your booking is not made for the minimum required period or the accommodation or experience is unavailable. If your booking is cancelled, the Castlemaine or Maldon Visitor Information Centres will refund in full the money you have already paid. No compensation will be payable.
28. If a package has been booked, all event tickets, tours, meals are non-refundable when the accommodation component of the package is cancelled.
29. Tour companies and operators reserve the right to alter itineraries at any time as a result of fire, flood, extreme weather conditions or any other circumstance beyond their control.
Secure Pay – National Australia Bank
30. Castlemaine Visitor Information Centre and Maldon Visitor Information Centre Secure Payment Gateway is provided using National Australia Bank Payment Gateway. The National Australia Bank Website Payment Gateway uses high security levels, which are standard for Internet banking and large scale e-commerce sites and involve the use of 128-bit encryption.