Bendigo Visitor Information Centre
51-67 Pall Mall
Bendigo Victoria 3550
E: [email protected]
P: 1800 813 153
Travel arrangements and prices detailed on www.bendigotourism.com are provided and coordinated by the Bendigo Visitor Information Centre. The Bendigo Visitor Information Centre has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check all information on www.bendigotourism.com as at the time of compilation. However, as the relevant accommodation, dining, retail, attraction and tour operators on this website supply this information, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or misdescription contained within this website or information as so supplied.
Sales of services as contained on this website are made by Bendigo Visitor Information Centre, only as an agent for the person, business or company providing the services. Bendigo Visitor Information Centre does not accept responsibility for any changes in price variation of services shown. All services and prices are subject to change without notice.
All maps, photographs, illustrations and computer-based graphics are included for general purposes only and are not always indicative of the subject matter. Hotel room photographs (graphics) may not be specific to the actual room occupied. Maps are not to scale.
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this policy at any time and for any reason. Any material changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation.
What we do
Bendigo is a vibrant contemporary regional centre, boasting beautiful streets created from one of the world’s greatest gold rushes. We are committed to sharing the beauty of Bendigo with the rest of the world. To achieve this, the Bendigo Visitor Centre has partnered up with the online booking system, Bookeasy, to ensure visitors to the Bendigo region can book accommodation and activities easily through the online website and by calling/visiting the Bendigo Visitor Centre.
What is personal information?
In Victoria, the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) (Privacy Act) defines personal information as information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), that is recorded in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
What information we collect
In order to carry out our functions we collect and hold certain personal information. We will only collect personal information when it is necessary to do so.
You provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you subscribe to a mailing list, create an account, making a booking online, register your business as a tourism member (businesses only) or contact us with an enquiry.
The personal information we collect may include the following:
• email address; and
• phone number.
If you use our website only to browse our services we will not collect or hold any of your personal information.
If you do not provide us with personal information
If you do not provide us with the personal information we reasonably request, we may be unable to provide you with the information, services or support that you are seeking.
How we use your personal information
We handle all personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We will only use personal information submitted through our website for the purposes for which it was provided. For example, if you use our website we may use your personal information to:
• provide you with the information or services you have requested (i.e charge your booking to your credit card and deliver your booking confirmation electronically);
• answer your enquiries;
• respond to feedback or suggestions;
• resolve complaints; and
• conduct research, market research and analysis.
Disclosure of your personal information
We take all necessary measures to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information. We will not sell your details to another company, nor will we add your details to a mailing list without your consent. We will not disclose any personal information included in your bookings to anyone except in the following circumstances:
We will disclose your name, email address, address and telephone number to hotels, booking centres and other suppliers to facilitate and process your accommodation, tour, experience, extras and/or inclusions. The suppliers require this information for managing your booking and to contact you about your booking, if required.
• Legal obligations
We will not disclose your personal information to other agencies and authorities without your consent unless required or authorised by law.
How is your personal information stored and protected?
We have systems and procedures in place to protect personal information from misuse and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include:
• only authorised personnel have access to personal information;
• our premises have secure access; and
• storage and data systems and protections are regularly updated and audited.
Links to other websites
Although we offer accommodation from reputable accommodation providers, we have not placed specific limitations on these providers from using or disclosing your personal information without your permission. Therefore, we recommend you read the privacy statement of any other websites you visit.
How can you contact us regarding privacy matters?
If you believe we have breached our privacy obligations or wish to discuss the collection of, and access to, your personal information you can call us on 03 5434 6001or contact us via email [email protected]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. The Bendigo Regional Tourism website is operated on behalf of the City of Greater Bendigo (City), Loddon Shire Council and Central Goldfields Shire Council by the Bendigo Visitor Centre, 51 - 67 Pall Mall, Bendigo.
2. Travel arrangements and prices detailed on www.bendigoregion.com are coordinated by the Bendigo Visitor Centre on behalf of the suppliers.
3. This document sets out the Terms and Conditions (Terms) on which you may use, download from, or link to the Bendigo Regional Tourism website and utilise the content made available to you on this website.
4. These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and the City (including the Bendigo Visitor Centre). By accessing or using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms. Please read them carefully.
5. If any of these Terms are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining Terms will continue in full force.
6. We may revise these Terms from time to time.
7. Please contact us via email [email protected] or phone 03 5434 6001 if you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms.
8. The material on this website is general in nature and is purely published for reference purposes alone. You should seek independent expert advice if you have any concerns regarding what services, products or solutions may be suitable for you. You must exercise your own judgment and carefully evaluate the material on this website.
9. All website content is provided 'as is' without the benefit of any warranties as to title, satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or non-infringement which are all expressly disclaimed to the extent permissible by law.
10. The City is not liable for any injury or death, or any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or other categories of damages, losses (including loss of business opportunity, revenue or profit) or damage to goodwill arising out of content on this website.
11. The City does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any material contained on this website.
Risks you assume by accessing this website
12. By accessing this website, you will assume all risks associated with the use of this website and acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any corruption, virus or failed transmission relating to your computer, software or data downloaded or activated via this or an external website and/or its contents.
13. You acknowledge that access to this website may not be continuous or uninterrupted at all times, and may be interfered with by factors or circumstances outside of our control.
14. Any links we provide to other internet sites are solely for your convenience and do not constitute ownership or an endorsement by the City of the organisation, products or services.
15. We take reasonable care in linking this website to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in or security of those websites or the availability of those websites. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or content of any material contained on any of these linked internet sites. Users of links provided by this website are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the website they visit as well as any content, privacy practices or other policies.
16. Prices, details and services shown on any linked websites are subject to change without notice, and the City accepts no responsibility for any such changes. Prior to making bookings, you should check the availability and price of accommodation and services, the details of the facilities and/or services, and any applicable terms and conditions.
17. Any views and recommendations of third parties included on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of the City or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action.
18. This website contains trade marks and names of businesses. The use of those trade marks and names is with the permission of the owners.
19. We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
Personal information and privacy
20. In order to use parts of this website, we may require you to provide us with personal information, such as your name, address and email address and phone number. If you do not provide us with this information, you may not be able to book services online or request additional information about out services using our online enquiries form.
Validity of rates
22. Figures and/or prices stated on this site are generally prices for tourist services, such as accommodation, day tours or attraction entrance fees. All figures quoted are in Australian dollars, unless otherwise stated, and include a Goods and Services Tax (GST). Prior to making bookings, you should check the availability and price of accommodation and services with the operator, and any applicable terms and conditions.
23. Payment is due within 24 hours of receiving email or phone confirmation from The Bendigo Visitor Information Centre.
24. For last minute bookings, payment is due at time of booking.
25. For Gold Medal Operators, payment is due at time of booking.
26. Whilst we provide a complimentary booking service, if you cancel your confirmed booking (i.e where payment has been made) it will attract an administration fee of $27.50 in addition to any cancellation fee charged by the service provider. We encourage you to view the provider’s cancellation and indemnity policy before making your booking.
27. The Bendigo Visitor Centre reserves the right to cancel your booking at any time for any reason, including without limitation, if you book at an incorrect or out-dated price, your booking is not made for the minimum required period or the accommodation or experience is unavailable. If your booking is cancelled the Bendigo Visitor Centre will refund in full the money you have already paid. No compensation will be payable.
28. If a package has been booked, all event tickets, tours, meals are non-refundable when the accommodation component of the package is cancelled.
29. Tour companies and operators reserve the right to alter itineraries at any time as a result of fire, flood, extreme weather conditions or any other circumstance beyond their control.
Secure Pay – Bendigo Bank
30. Bendigo Visitor Centre’s Secure Payment Gateway is provided using Bendigo Bank Website Payment Gateway. The Bendigo Bank Website Payment Gateway uses high security levels, which are standard for Internet banking and large scale e-commerce sites and involve the use of 128-bit encryption.