Michael Veitch will perform his one-man show from the perspective of the young surgeon bravely nursing sick passengers aboard the Ticonderoga in 1852, which arrived in Australia from Liverpool a floating catastrophe after an outbreak of typhus. The surgeon is actually Michael’s great-great grandfather and Hell Ship captures the human aspects of this dark story.
Hell Ship has a strong Bendigo connection, as the Ticonderoga's young surgeon, James William Henry Veitch was Michael's great great grandfather, and the first of his family to arrive in Australia. After becoming one of the heroes of the Ticonderoga disaster, Doctor James Veitch moved and settled in the Bendigo area, where he served for many years on the Bendigo council and was instrumental in the establishment of various schools and hospitals in Strathfieldsaye and Mandurang areas. After 170 years, bringing Hell Ship to Bendigo is, for Michael, a very personal journey.
Thursday 11 November 2021
Monday 10 October 2022
Terms and Conditions
This event is sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting this event and is subject to the conditions applicable to that event and/or the venue where held.
All sales are final. There is no refund or exchange on tickets except as provided for under the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
The right is reserved to vary advertised programmes and to add, withdraw or substitute artists as necessary.
The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
Latecomers may not be admitted until there is a convenient break in the performance.
The use of cameras or other recording devise and equipment constitutes a breach of copyright and is strictly forbidden.
Patrons must ensure all electronic devices are switched off or to silent throughout the performance.
Persons bearing a concession ticket must carry proof of entitlement.
G.S.T. included where applicable.
COVID-19 Ticket Exchanges and Refunds
Bendigo Venues & Events have temporarily amended our Ticketing Terms and Conditions to ensure the health and safety of all patrons and staff.
1. Patrons must not attend an event if any of the following apply on the day of the event:
a) They have any symptoms of COVID-19
b) They (or a member of their household) are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
c) They have been directed by public health authorities to quarantine or self-isolate
2. If patron(s) are unable to attend an event due to the reasons above, they will be entitled to a refund or exchange of their ticket(s).
a) The ticket purchaser must contact the Box Office within 24 hours of the event, in writing via email@example.com or our Contact Us page with the relevant details to arrange a refund or exchange.
3. Patrons will be entitled to a refund or exchange if an event is cancelled or rescheduled due to Government COVID-19 regulations or restrictions.
4. When attending an event, patrons must comply with all directions of staff and COVID safe principles as outlined on our COVID Safe page.
a) Management and staff reserve the right to refuse entry or evict a patron who is not complying with directions or COVID safe principles.
5. The City of Greater Bendigo and Bendigo Venues & Events must comply with the Chief Health Officer public health directions associated with the Victorian Government Roadmap.
a) In accordance with the Roadmap, all patrons attending our venues will need to be fully vaccinated and show proof of this or show a valid medical exemption to gain entry.
b) Patrons who have purchased tickets but are unable to comply with entry requirements outlined at 5(a) above must contact the box office for a refund, no later than 24 hours prior to the commencement of the performance.
c) By purchasing a ticket through the gotix box office, purchasers agree to gotix terms and conditions. Ticket-holders who are refused entry to a performance due to failure to comply with gotix terms and conditions herein will not be entitled to a refund.
6. Patrons purchasing tickets through gotix to events taking place in venues other than those operated by Bendigo Venues and Events agree to the prevailing terms and conditions of entry determined by the event manager or responsible event entity.
a) Please contact the relevant event manager for specific Covid Safe measures.
7. COVID-19 terms and conditions (1-6 above) may be amended or suspended at any time in line with Public Health advice and Government restrictions.
The authorised ticket seller for this Events listed on this website is Gotix Ticketing Services managed by Bendigo Venues & Events, owned and operated by the City of Greater Bendigo. From time to time we may partner with ticketing agents with an allocation of tickets being made available for sale via the Promoter, Ticketek or Ticketmaster (excluding Ticketmaster Resale).
Please be aware that we have no obligation to honour tickets purchased via unauthorised re-sellers. If you attend one of our Events with a ticket purchased via an unauthorised re-seller such as Ticketmaster Resale, Viagogo, Ticketbis, eBay, Gumtree, Tickets Australia or otherwise, you may be refused entry to the Event.
Presented by Arena Theatre Company and Bendigo Venues & Events
When eleven-year-old Juniper May receives a petitRead more