The City of Greater Bendigo has announced the following changes to service delivery to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
- The City is asking residents to log a customer request online at www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/requests, email email@example.com or phone the City on 5434 6000 rather than visit Customer Service Centres at Hopetoun Street, Bendigo or High Street, Heathcote
- For planning and building enquiries: Planning – 5434 6355 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Building – 5434 6347 or email@example.com. Residents are asked to manage the planning and building enquiries by phone or email first. Face-to-face enquiries will be by appointment only, which can be made by contacting planning or building staff via the above phone numbers or email addresses.
- Bendigo Venues and Events (The Capital, Ulumbarra, The Engine Room, Dudley House and Bendigo Town Hall, outside of Council meetings) will close its venues and cancel all performances from 5 pm today for the duration of the month-long Victorian State of Emergency. Ticketholders will be contacted to arrange refunds for performances affected by this closure. For further enquiries please contact the Box Office on 5434 6100 or boxoffice@Bendigo.vic.gov.au. The actual Box Office, located in The Capital, will be closed.
- Bendigo Writers Festival Big Bookmark event, to have taken place May 8-10, has been cancelled.
- Bendigo Art Gallery has cancelled its public programming (e.g. tours, talks and workshops), however, the Gallery is still open at this stage and there are no current ticketed exhibitions.
- Goldfields Libraries will remain open for the time being, however, all programs have been cancelled.
City Chief Executive Officer Craig Niemann said decision making was based on ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff and the community, while still continuing to provide services for residents.
“This situation will continue to be monitored and further action may include temporary closure or limiting public access. The community will be advised of any changes,” Mr Niemann said.
“The decision was made to close our theatres and related venues due to the close proximity that people sit and interact with each other, while places like Bendigo Art Gallery and libraries provide more space for people to move around and create some distance (social distancing) from each other.
“We also ask for residents to be patient over the coming months when contacting the City. It is likely our capacity to respond will decrease as the COVID-19 disease spreads and we will have to prioritise service delivery and enquiries.”
Terms and Conditions
This event is sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting this event and is subject to the conditions applicable to that event and/or the venue where held.
All sales are final. There is no refund or exchange on tickets except as provided for under the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
The right is reserved to vary advertised programmes and to add, withdraw or substitute artists as necessary.
The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
Latecomers may not be admitted until there is a convenient break in the performance.
The use of cameras or other recording devise and equipment constitutes a breach of copyright and is strictly forbidden.
Patrons must ensure all electronic devices are switched off or to silent throughout the performance.
Persons bearing a concession ticket must carry proof of entitlement.
G.S.T. included where applicable.