Bendigo Venues and Events offers schools a host of opportunities that complement a visit to our theatres to watch a live performance. From masterclasses with world class artists and in-school workshops to meet-the-artist and career development talks we have a selection of events taking place all year round to enhance your theatre experience and link to curriculum outcomes.
Contact the Education Engagement Officer to find out more about how your school could make the most of these amazing opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0488 666 206.
School bookings must be booked online using the School Booking Form.
Details about the performances and opportunities available to schools can be found on this page and by searching the What's On page.
Current Schools Performances:
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions no school performances and activities are available. When restrictions ease check back here for educational opportunities available to students and young people.
Image gallery below shows just a few past educational experiences facilitated by Bendigo Venues & Events:
* Members of the Ulumbarra Foundation (who generously support the role of Education Engagement officer) with Secondary School music students at a recent MSO 'meet the artist' pre-show event.
* First Nations Secondary School students take part in a writing and storytelling through movement with Ghenoa Gela.
* MSO visits a primary school to introduce students to the various instruments and sounds they’ll hear when attending the MSO schools’ concert.
* Bangarra Dance conducts a Secondary School dance and culture masterclass.
* Secondary School students receive a Bharatanatyam dance workshop from Seeta Patel.
Top banner image of school children entering Ulumbarra Theatre to watch The 91-Storey Treehouse courtesy of Bill Conroy 2021.