BV&E Marketing Resources
MARKETING YOUR EVENT
To put your show on sale, the essential promotional content we need in your media kit is:
Website Banner Image
1920px x 600px
Ticketing Feature Image
475px x 250px
Can include show name, but keep it copy free.
TV Screen Image
1920px x 1080px
Include show name ONLY, keep it copy free.
Social Media Tile Image
1080px x 1080px
A square image for social media feed.
Social Media Story Image
1080px x 1920px
A vertical image for social media stories.
Social Media Reel Video
1080px x 1920px
A vertical video, 30 second or less, either short rehearsal clip, shoutout video, or advertisement with no copyrighted music.
In a word document
Approximately 200 words selling your event.
We have included some Image Examples here for your reference.
**Note: Please DO NOT use our logos unless you have obtained permission to do so.**
All files must be named with the following naming convention:
[Event Name] - [Item Type]
For example: My Event - Website Banner
**Note: Please DO NOT use acronyms for event name.**
From this we will:
- Create a dedicated webpage for your event on our website, listed in chronological order on the searchable What’s On section of our website.
You will be provided with a link to this page.
- Create a GoTix ticketing page to manage the sales of tickets.
You will be provided with a direct link to this page (bypassing our website).
- Display your event on digital foyer screens in The Capital and Ulumbarra Theatre, commencing minimum of 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Post supplied social media tile around time of on sale.
- Feature your event in our What’s On weekly social media post the week of your event.
- Other organic opportunities as they arise, though these are not guaranteed
**Note: we will only post content to social media if the appropriate material is supplied**
If your event is at The Capital:
- Create a Facebook event and invite @CapitalBendigo to cohost
- Tag @CapitalBendigo on Facebook and Instagram so we can repost and share your content
- We also recommend using the hashtags #bendigo #explorebendigo #capitalbendigo
If your event is at Ulumbarra Theatre:
- Create a Facebook event and invite @ulumbarra to cohost
- Tag @ulumbarra on Facebook and Instagram so we can repost and share your content
- We also recommend using the hashtags #bendigo #explorebendigo #ulumbarra
If your event is at The Engine Room:
- Create a Facebook event and invite @TheEngineRoomBendigo to cohost
- Tag @TheEngineRoomBendigo on Facebook and Instagram so we can repost and share your content
- We also recommend using the hashtags #bendigo #explorebendigo #TheEngineRoom
We can also post shoutout videos mentioning our venues on the applicable social media accounts and tag you in the video when supplied.
**Note: It cannot feature any music due to copyright.**
We also offer the following paid social media options:
- Social Media Campaign for two weeks prior to your event, with a minimum spend of $250, though more money will result in reaching a wider audience.
This is best if you want to reach the people of wider Greater Bendigo.
- Boost of the on-sale image posted to our social media for 1 week, with a spend of $110 across Facebook and Instagram.
This increases the visibility of the post to our existing audience.
Electronic Direct Mail (EDM)
We can send one EDM to our e-news database, at any point of your campaign for a fee of $103 (including GST, to be charged via settlement). You can decide when this is to be sent (subject to availability), though some of our suggestions are:
- At time of on-sale
- In the 6 weeks leading up to the event
**Note: this is limited to ONE EDM per arrangement**
- Display A3 Posters and DL Flyers (10 posters and up to 250 flyers supplied by you*) in and around our venues - box offices, poster boxes and bathrooms.
- For an additional fee of $50 - Distribute A3 Posters and DL Flyers (up to 40 posters & 250 flyers supplied by you*) around Bendigo.
We cannot however guarantee the number of poster placements at any time.
Information that needs to be included on collateral:
- Please use these details to direct your audience to buy tickets:
Box Office 5434 6100 / www.gotix.com.au
- Optional: QR Code linked to the performance webpage on our site
* Please send any printed collateral to:
Bendigo Venues and Events
50 View Street
Bendigo VIC 3550
**Note: we do not accept pull-up banners**
Distribution Dates 2024:
- Week starting 5 February
- Week starting 4 March
- Week starting 1 April
- Week starting 29 April
- Week starting 3 June
- Week starting 1 July
- Week starting 5 August
- Week starting 2 September
- Week starting 30 September
- Week starting 4 November
- Week starting 2 December
We can distribute your Media Release please send to [email protected] with the subject line MEDIA RELEASE FOR DISTRIBUTON.
Please ensure your release contains the correct venue details, event date and call to action for tickets.
PLUS your contact detail for the media outlet to follow up for interviews or more information.
**Note: we will distribute as received.**
If you are looking for local Bendigo media and suppliers, please have a look at our downloadable list of Bendigo Regional Media and Supplier Contacts
Should you require fee for service marketing support please email us at [email protected]